- Be a United States citizen.
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable.
- Have not been determined by final judgement of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date: **For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot. **For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in. **For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.
- Be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described at item 5, above.
About the Board of Trustees
The Woodville ISD Board of Trustees consists of seven members. Board members are elected for three-year terms with elections conducted annually in November. Election of members is by place with each place representing the entire district. After each election, the board restructures and elects a president, vice-president and secretary to serve a one-year term.
The next WISD Board of Trustees election is scheduled for November 5, 2019. The positions up for election are place 6 and place 7.
The District will accept candidate applications for the November 3, 2020 election on regular business days from July 18, 2020 to August 17, 2020 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Candidate application packets will be available at the Woodville ISD Administration office beginning July 13, 2020. The positions to be voted on in this election will be place 1 and place 2. **Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. August 17, 2020**
For additional election information or to request/submit an application, please contact:
|Tammy Watts, Assistant to the Superintendent|
|WISD Administration Office|
|505 North Charlton St.|
|Woodville, Texas 75979|
|(409) 283-3752 or email email@example.com|
Woodville ISD holds a joint election with Tyler County.
General Candidate Qualifications/Eligibility
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the office of school board member, a person must: